Your Complete Guide to Low Doc Loans
With many new entrepreneurs entering the market, low doc loans have become increasingly common among such individuals and business houses.
What is a Low doc Loan?
Low doc loans or low documentation loans are loans designed for entrepreneurs or small business owners who do not have many documents such as payslips, contracts,etc., to put together for applying for a conventional loan.
Though these low-documentation loans were initially available at higher interest rates, now the interest rate has been reduced, making it a popular choice.
What is the Difference Between A Low Doc Loan and A Standard Loan?
A low documentation loan requires less documents, but it is usually sanctioned at higher interest rates than a standard loan which can be borrowed after submitting full documentation.
The difference between a low documentation loan and a standard loan is not only the interest rate but also the loan to value (LVR) ratio. In low documentation loans, the maximum LVR is 80% and it requires mortgage insurance to the money lenders for anything that is above 60% LVR. While in the case of standard loans, loans with an LVR of 80% and above are needed to mortgage insurance to the lending party.
Borrowers give their mortgage insurance to the lenders who keep it to protect themselves if in any case, the borrower does a default.
Also, the maximum loan amount is comparatively low in low documentation loans than it is in a standard loan.
What Documents Are Needed for a Low-Doc Loan?
- Income declaration – This is the most important document. It is a statement that shows your income and that you can earn and repay the loan.
- Bank statements – Business as well as personal bank statements are to be submitted to the lender.
- Registered business name – It shows that you own a business, or you are self-employed or a freelancer.
- Activity statements – Lenders ask for business activity statements that show the activities done by the business in the previous year.
However, the documents needed may change from lender to lender. But the above documents are the standard documents generally needed by all the loan lenders.
How to get a Low Doc Loan Approved?
Getting a loan approved is not a simple task. It requires several formalities and documents to be approved before getting the loan sanctioned.
Here is a quick guide to get yourself a lender for a low documentation loan:
- Identify the documents and other papers that you can submit according to your needs and also search for probable lenders that can help get you a loan.
- Know the features of the loan that are needed.
- Find lenders that provide can provide the loan at low-interest rates and LMI premium.
- Make your loan application thoroughly so that the lender cannot find any fault in it.
- Ensure that you do not provide any partial proof of income otherwise in such a case; the lender may ask you for all the other documents. For this, provide the documents as asked by the lender.
Low doc loans are for self-employed people who want to afford a home loan but do not have enough documents and statements to go for a standard loan. Though the interest rates of such loans are higher, it is extremely good for freelancers and business owners who do not have documents, such as salary slips or group certificates. So, if you are amongst one of them then a low documentation loan is the best way to buy a dream home for yourself.